Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, June 8, 2017

GIU Girl - Day 4

Hello!  Hello!

Today's card is focusing on one beautiful flower from the October, 2015 Kit of the Month - Beauty Comes From Being Yourself.



I chose to colour the flower with my Copic markers.  Once I chose my background paper, then I took a piece of scrap paper and tried out different colours to see what looked nice with the patterned paper, and used my favorites.

I love to colour with my Copic markers, but I am far from being an expert at it.  I take monthly online colouring classes from one of the nicest and most talented colourists out there ...Alyce Keegan at Kit and Clowder.  Every month I learn something new and get a little bit better.  I can't recommend Alyce enough if you are wanting to learn more about colouring... and we all know Unity has MANY stamps that are perfect for sitting down for a quiet afternoon and enjoying this peaceful style of art.

Alyce even has a free class called "Mindful Me" where she explains the importance of Art Therapy and gives helpful suggestions on how to incorporate time for crafting in our busy lives.  You can see more information about it here.

On this card, I used a couple of dies from Tutti Designs.  The background lacy piece that I used on the front is called "Rose Frame", and inside I used one called "Rose Duo Frame".  You can get them at Frantic Stamper or at DiesRUs where they quite often go on sale.



The inside sentiment "Hello Friend" came from the May 2017 Kit of the Month - Free Your Dreams.

When I was making this card, I made the base from Core'dinations 110lb Smooth Cardstock which gives you a nice sturdy card that stands up without sagging.  This was a tip I got from my cardmaking whiz friend, Allison Cope (Your Memories with Ally) and it has made such a difference in my cards. Click the link to see some of the cards Ally makes... they are really incredible!



The other thing I did, to give it a little oomph... is I die-cut the rose, as well as a piece of foam, with the same round scalloped die (Spellbinders) and glued them together.  This gives some nice, sturdy dimension to the rose and makes it a real focal point on the card.

Thank you once again for stopping by!  I appreciate so much, all the lovely comments that have been left this week!

Now don't forget.... to leave another comment below... because there is a prize of 25 Unity stamps that will be going home with two of  you at the end of the week!  All you have to do, to be entered to win, is comment on EACH of my GIU blog posts this week!


And for even MORE chances to win, comment on Monica's GIU posts as well!

Good luck!

Linda

30 comments:

  1. Love your card! Beautiful! I love the idea of cutting craft foam to add dimension to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not feel you are an expert but I love your coloring... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and great idea to pick your paper first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you take classes. A lot of time I see women who say, "I could never color like that" but you are taking the time and effort to hone your skills, and it is paying off my dear! Lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card, i love flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning!! Love the use of the die as a frame for the flower. Your copic coloring is beautiful. Thank you for some awesome ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so beautiful! Great patterned paper for this image! Love the colors. I think you color wonderfully! Thank you for the link for lessons. I may look into that. I need work with my coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Your coloring is awesome... I have been meaning to check out Alyce's classes! Beautiful details on your card with the dies you used and the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you're coloring. This card is beautiful and I thank you for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and feminine. I might have to look into the coloring lessons, as I need help to make it look right and yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cards! A few of your tips I will be using. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful floral card using the Beauty Comes From Being Yourself! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I need to get that KOTM💕

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous card!! I absolutely love your background paper, and the dies you used to frame your stamp are so fun. Very nice coloring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful. I continue to practice using my markers. Love to see others techniques, it is so helpful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your coloring is beautiful! I love that gorgeous flower and love the dimension with the foam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I am so happy that you give a tutorial with the card. I will be trying this out, plus you gave me a couple of extra ideas. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to tomorrow but sad that it's the last day at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your colouring skills are great and the cards are beautiful! I need to work on my skills and add some more topics to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful combination of colouring and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like all of the layering on the front of this card. Popping the image up on foam is so smart. The lacy background die is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cards are just beautiful. Working on my copic coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome color and patterns. Thanks for sharing this week!!! ❤️ Angie VerDuin

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing all of your creations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Linda, I absolutely love your cards!♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  26. That flower stamp is stunning! And your coloring makes it even better! It all coordinates so well. I don't have copics but maybe someday... I try coloring some with watercolor pencils which work really well too. Your work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete