Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

GIU Girl - Day 3

Hi!  Welcome back!

Today I'm sharing a mixed media tag that I made for my daughter.  When you subscribe to the KOM (kit of the month) at Unity, they always tuck a little "something extra" in your parcel, and a big blank tag was one of the things that came to me not long ago.  So I made a tag to decorate a bottle of wine!


Here's a condensed version of how I made the tag.

Inked it up with Cracked Pistachio and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxides.  Laid a stencil from Hero Arts over it and sprayed water over top of the stencil.


After removing the stencil, I had a beautiful soft, swirly finish.  Then I added washi tape (inspired by Angela and Whitney's use of cute washi's), inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Oxides, and stamped this beautiful sentiment from the "Sentiments for Graduates" stamp set.


Next up, I made some focal pieces for the tag and laid them out to get a feel for how I wanted to put the tag together.  These two stamps are from the February, 2017 KOM called "Unexpected Places".  


Now comes the fun part, adding all the little bits and pieces to decorate your tag.  I go into my craft room with a box and come back with everything that I think might look good on the tag.  Of course not EVERYTHING that is in this box goes on the tag... LOL.  (You can tell by the look of my table that I'm a wee bit of a messy scrapper!)  ;)


No tag is complete without a beautiful bow.  Here's a series of photos showing how I made mine.


When the tag is all done, you have the choice of leaving it as is, or going a little further with the mixed media look and adding splatters.  I'm curious... tell me which look you prefer.


Finally, one last close up of this beautiful girl stamp.  I picked it because she reminded me of my daughter.  She has long curly hair too.


The week is going by quickly!

Once again, thank you for stopping by.

Don't forget that there is a prize of 25 Unity stamps for TWO lucky winners on my blog this week.  All you have to do, to be entered to win, is comment on EACH of my GIU blog posts this week!

And for even MORE chances to win, comment on Monica's GIU posts as well!

Enjoy your day!

Linda











32 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous Linda!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love all of the details and heart that you used to create this tag/card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...Love designing tags, but never thought about this way...all the additives are awesome. Need to do some bits & pcs shopping...LOL. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Using the tag to attach to the wine bottle is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tag!!! BTW I like both ways... with and without splatters.😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag, I'm just getting into mixed media and this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Either way looks great but I love the splatters. I think the colors are perfect. Angie VerDuin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you really take time to show the process. That stencil with the spritz technique is really cool. I always get nervous doing a splatter technique at the end because I'm afraid a blob will end up in a terrible place, but yours looks awesome. Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag and great post mixed midis was always so hard to me but when you break it down like that it seems do able. I'm a cas crafter so initially preferred the no splatters but the splatters tied it all together so I'm not sure now.. either way it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tag Linda & all the best things you did on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice idea for a gift bag or wine bottle. Love the stamps and colors you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! Don't think you could have gotten another thing on that tag. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never done tags, I think that I have to gibe it a try. These are beautiful. Last weeks tutorials got to me also , its a must try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color choice and the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, beautiful! Love how you did the BG and the colors, too. Both versions are lovely, but I adore the splatters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful tag. I love mixed media. Nice tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh My!! Love Love Love This!!!! So many elements and they all tie together for a magnificent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layering and details on your tag! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! That's is a beautiful tag. I love making tags. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea to spray water through a stencil-new technique to try! Also love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  22. Her hair looks amazing. I love how you colored it. Hair is SO hard for me...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all of the techniques used on this beautiful Unity Girl Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always try to stay on my tags... but why? It looks so good the way you've shown it! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just a gorgeous tag and love the colors! I like it both ways. I haven't done mixed media but it IS fun and looks so neat. I love these Unity stamps and need to check them out further!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the colours that you used for the tag...looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete