Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

GIU Girl - Day 2

Hi!  Welcome back to Day 2 of my time as a "Growing in Unity" Girl!

For today, I made a couple of cards using the "Drapery Fold" technique... it is also sometimes known as the "Pleated Skirt" technique.  I will share the instructions and some links to videos at the end of the post, for those who would like them.


This beautiful heart stamp is from December 2016 KOM "Always Been You".  I stamped it and fussy cut it out, in order to be able to put foam tape behind it and lift it up over top of the pleats.


For the interior I used a sentiment from "You Make You".



For the first card, I used a half pleat, but on this second one, I did a full pleat across the front.


With this card, I'm still using the heart stamp from the December KOM, but I had to fussy cut the flower from it, and use a smaller heart from April 2017's KOM "Be My Bird" because the December one was too large for my card!  I stamped this "newsprint" heart with a beautiful metallic gold ink and it is really pretty.


Inside, I used the December heart image stamped in gold on a die cut that had it's edges inked with the same gold.  It is SO pretty in real life... I almost like the inside more than the outside!!

I created a PDF document for those who are like me, and need a visual set of instructions, for the pleated cards.  You can access it here.

The video that I used for the Full Pleated card can be found here.

Thank you for stopping by again today.  

Don't forget that there is a prize of 25 Unity stamps for TWO lucky winners on my blog this week.  All you have to do, to be entered to win, is comment on EACH of my GIU blog posts this week!

And for even MORE chances to win, comment on Monica's GIU posts as well!

Sharing a little bit more about myself, before I go....  besides hanging out with my dogs, I get to hang out with my grandchildren on a regular basis as well.  They bring me such joy!  I love their perspectives on life and the energy they bring into my quiet house!!  I feel very blessed.

This photo of them is a favorite of mine.  It was taken in the park beside where I live and it shows their different personalities perfectly!


Share some of your family tales with me!

See you tomorrow.

Linda





32 comments:

  1. Oh, so fancy. I like the mixture of pastels and gold...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to learn that folding technique! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so wonderful! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, and I love the PDF you created!! I'm more a "read"person then video's!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and I love how special you make the inside of the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards! I will have to watch the tutorials you gave links to. ( You have cute grandkids!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you pleated your paper! Very cute idea :) I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty cards; love those pleats!
    I have 9 nieces & nephews aged 7 up to 19. We all used to go to my Mom's for dinner & games every Friday night. Man was it loud! lol And I wouldn't have traded those fun times for anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your gift! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pleated effect is terrific!! Thank you for sharing this very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. This is the first time I have seen the pleated effect. Love it! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never made one of these type of cards, but have always wanted to try. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards Linda! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I need to try that fold technique. Adorable grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the design. Will need to give this a try. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning. The colors, stamped images, and die cuts that you used are perfect. I love your family photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards and a beautiful photo of your grandkids fall is such a beautiful time of year... I have 3 kids miss almost 9 miss almost 6 and mr 1.5 and they love getting my craft things out to make

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the drapery fold! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love all of the layering on your cards! beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards! I do love that pleated effect but haven't tried it yet. How wonderful to be able to live close to your grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the information on how to make the cards!

    ReplyDelete