Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

GIU Girl - Day 1

Hi everyone!

It's all about Unity Stamp Co this week on my blog.  I'm one of their "Growing in Unity" Girls and this is my week to share my love of Unity.  *doing the happy dance*


Unity, being the awesome company that they are, donates 2 grab bag prizes of 25 Unity stamps, to be drawn for during each GIU week.  All you have to do to be entered to win is to comment on each of my daily blog posts throughout the week!  So be sure to come back every day and leave a comment!!  I will draw the names Saturday morning.

In addition, there is a 2nd "veteran" GIU Girl this week, who also receives 2 prize packages to give away, so check out Monica's blog here.  So many chances to win and so many projects to enjoy!!

To start the week off, I thought I would show what you can do with a fantastic image and some pretty patterned paper. 

First up is one of my most favorite Unity bunnies... I think you'll agree with me that he is ADORABLE.  

This little guy comes in the Unity Sentiment Kit "Bunny - Keep You Forever".  (Click on these 
hi-lighted links and you will be taken to Unity's shop to see the entire set of stamps in the kit.)


Oh yes it would!


I used Bo Bunny's pretty Petal Lane paper to make this card and did a bit of shading on the bunny with my Copics.  Easy peasy... and so cute you really DO want to hug him!

The second card I made with some paper from Close to my Heart.  This was a special edition paper collection made only for the month of May called "Live Beautifully".  I thought the serene colours were perfect for these stamps.


These stamps come from the April Kit of the Month (KOM) called Be My Bird.

To make this card, I first stamped the butterfly on the front.  I then made a mask, which is a duplicate butterfly stamped on scrap paper and fussy cut out.  Here's what mine looked like.


I laid this over my first butterfly on the card, and stamped the background flower stamp over top.  I then stamped the butterfly a third time, on white cardstock, shaded him lightly with Copic markers and fussy cut him once again.  A black sharpie used on his antenae made them "pop".  After colouring, I brushed him with clear Wink of Stella to give him a beautiful shimmer, curled his wings slightly, and glued the center part of his body over top of the butterfly on the card.  Dressed him up with some "bling" and called him "beautiful"!  

The sentiment was heat embossed with Ranger Superfine White embossing powder and die cut with a Spellbinders label die.

To finish the card off, I added a strip of glitter paper along the striped piece.  I didn't have any black glitter paper, so my sharpie came to the rescue again and I coloured white glitter paper with it.   In the picture below you can see the glittery, glimmering details a littlel bit better.  You can also get a sense of the depth you achieve when you glue a second butterfly over top of the first one.


With more stamps from that same kit, I finished off the interior of the card.


In my opinion, you can't beat the Kits of the Month for value and creativity.  For details on becoming a member and getting them, click on this link and scroll down a bit.

So that's it... Day 1... and 4 more fun days to go!  I hope you have been inspired to pull out some pretty paper and get stamping!

  Be sure to comment below so you can be entered in for the draw prize at the end of the week!

In my introduction on Unity's GIU Facebook page (a fun place to hang out, by the way), I mentioned I like to spend time with my dogs.  Here's a photo of them.  One is big, one is small, and they are very good friends.  

Oakley the big fellow (my gentle giant is what I call him) is 40% Golden Retriever with some Alaskan Malamute and Siberian Husky thrown in, and Dixon the little one, is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the cuddliest companion you could ever want. 



So that's a little bit about me... share with me some details about yourselves in the comments.  I would like to get to know my Unity friends a little better! 

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!

Linda




  


46 comments:

  1. Really like the different ways you used the stamps to show their versatility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color and dimension you were able to achieve on the moth card. So beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest of your amazing creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I have that bunny and LOVE HIM! The butterfly techniques are so pretty! Can't wait to try that!! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love butterflies! Both cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors you used on both cards speak to me. Such wonderful cards. Hi from my dogs to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really have an eye for this. The colors, placement, choice of subject, it's all so gorgeous. You really do inspire me to try this out. I love 3D features and butterflies are the best subject for 3D. Thank you for sharing. I love your doggies, I'm an animal lover. I recently had to put my 14 year old Jack Russel down and I'm still missing her like mad, but her cancer was starting to affect her brain at the end so that's how I knew it was time. Anyways I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! L*O*V*E the butterfly card and the dimension you achieved.
    And yes, that bunny is soooo adorbs! So are your pups!!! I love all animals and simply look out my window for a few every day. I love in So. FL so we have a lot of birds and lizards. A Mockingbird just had 2 babies up in our Bougainvillea and I just saw a Woodpecker on our olive tree. And I own a small parrot (Nanday Conure) named Rocky - but he thinks he's a kitty cat. lol See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are awesome. Who can resist bunnies and butterflies? Will be trying your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are beautiful. I especially like the butterfly. Thanks for the perfect explaination of your tecniques!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both cards! The butterfly is beautiful and the bunny sooo cute!! You have 'forced' me to go shopping again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the butterfly is my favourite....an dI love your dogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome introduction, great designs. Love that bunny and the butterfly. Very versatile stamps for many design possibilities. Look forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are so sweet! Love the colours you chose and the 3-D effect on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are beautiful! Great ideas for me because I have these stamps! I especially love the butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards. I love the Bunny sentiment kit and your card makes it shine. Love your pups

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both cards! That bunny is absolutely adorable! Love your paper choices and colors! The b&w background with pink on the bunny card looks great! Love the 3D butterfly on your second card and the cute bike and sentiment on the inside! Looking forward to more of your creation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing how you created these cards. :) Know what I will be doing after running errand this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like how your butterfly pops off the page. It's so nice and simple, yet gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both cards you made and thankyou fir the how to on marking I have seen it done but now understand how really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  21. I especially love the dimension and your background on the butterfly card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these cards Linda...neat how they make the sentiments! Adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards Linda!! that bunny is so cute!! Love your doggies too :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your work Linda! Can't wait to see tomorrows! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful. Love your color choices. I never think to put an image inside the card. Something I will have to try! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The bunny is adorable and I agree what a great value the KOMs are. Love the way the butterfly pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww they are so whimsical! Cute bunnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic projects! The butterfly is my favorite. I look forward to seeing more this week.
    I love your dogs! I have two amazing dogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. really loving your butterfly card and your two lovely boys

    ReplyDelete
  30. really loving your butterfly card and your two lovely boys

    ReplyDelete
  31. The cards are adorable. Love the bunny

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your cards are so cute!! I loved your idea on stamping the butterflies wings with a flower stamp, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Goodness, your cards are beautiful. Talented and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your work, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really love your butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. your butterfly and bunny cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You do beautiful work! Love these stamps and love the CTMH papers. I used to be a consultant but am not now.. but did love their May paper ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love both cards! The butterfly is beautiful and the bunny sooo cute!! You have 'forced' me to go shopping again

    ReplyDelete
  39. The bunny is so cute but I love the butterfly card. Such a great idea. I will be stealing this idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete