Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Hearts of the West Blog Hop

Welcome to the Hearts of the West Team 
monthly Blog Hop!

In this blog hop today, we are featuring the brand new 
CTMH paper pack "Sugar Rush".  

You will find "Sugar Rush" in the new Seasonal Expressions catalogue 
that goes on sale TOMORROW, January 1st.

If you came from Anna Miller's blog , then you are on the right track. 

This is a circular blog hop so you can start anywhere. Just in case you get lost, the full list of participants can be found at the bottom of this post. 


For this card, I used the "Spread the Love" D1711 stamp set and watercoloured the little girl.  I think the sentiment "This card is a Paper Hug" is my favorite of all the CTMH stamps!  It's such a lovely thought to send to someone you care about!  


I've embellished the card with some pink twine from the Adventure Ribbon pack and pretty new gems "Sugar Rush Dots".  The card components were cut with a die set from Papertrey Ink called the Scalloped A2 Die.



Thanks for joining us on our Blog Hop today!



Next on the hop is Brenda Gieck.  Be sure to check out what she's made with the Sugar Rush papers!!

Blog Hop participants:


Have a wonderful New Year's Eve tonight and I'll see you next year!! 

Linda

Edited on January 1st.  Yesterday when I posted my card, I wasn't entirely happy with the watercoloured image... however I had a deadline so I posted it anyway.  Today I worked with it a bit again, and thought I would show you what a difference removing a little paint can make.  


This is the version I am now happy with.  To fix it I wet a paintbrush and painted over the background which I thought was too dark, and then dabbed it with a paper towel to pull the paint off.  I'm happy now that the background isn't the first thing catching your eye anymore... it's now the little girl who is the focal point on the card as it should be!









7 comments: