Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Tulip Card for Swirlydoos

Hello!

Today I'm sharing a card I've made for the Card Round Robin at Swirlydoos.  Paulien is hosting and she had us choose 3 out of 5 things to put on our cards:
* Use a stamped or hand written sentiment.
* Use a resist technique
* Use a handmade flower
* Use staples

* Use a bottle-cap

I managed to use a resist technique, handmade flowers, and a stamped sentiment.


I embossed the background using Penny Black "Allover Pattern" stamp and Ranger "Frosted Crystal" embossing powder.  Then I went for an ombre effect using Aqua, Cotton Candy, and Metallic Blueberry Gelatos - scribbled them on and then blended them with water and a paintbrush.


This is what you end up with if you use watercolour paper.


For experimentation purposes, I did the same thing on Inkssentials Specialty Stamping Paper and ended up with a hot mess!  The gelatos just smear on this paper.


I cut my card piece out of the watercolour paper, added a doily and some Diamond Stickles in the center.


Made some tulips with a Sizzix die called "Flowers, Tulip #2"  I used a large embossing tool to puff them up, and then went around the outside edges with a smaller one to create a "lip" that I could apply glue to.


A stamped sentiment, some bling, and a ribbon finished everything off.



Hope you've enjoyed a little taste of Spring today!
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment