Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Festive Friday November Blog Hop

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the 4th month of the Festive Friday Blog Hop! 

The path is circular and the starting point is at our wonderful coordinator, Diane Tuggle's, blog.  You should have arrived here from Carol Loftus' blog.  I will put a list of all the participants at the bottom of my post, in case you should get lost! 

In my September Festive Friday blog post, which you can see here, I mentioned that I had made 3 ornaments out of 2 sheets of Frosted paper, 1 sheet of Silver glitter paper, one package of Base and Bling Floral Accents, and using a container of Silver Glitz glitter gel.  I shared the 2nd ornament with you here.
 
Today, I'm going to share with you the 3rd ornament that I made.  This pretty little thing is the smallest of the three:  3-3/4" in diameter.  The bling in the center is a 3rd piece from the Base and Bling Floral Accents collection.  I went all out with the Silver Glitz glitter gel around the edges, and let me tell you, this just sparkles under the lights!

 
The inspiration and tutorial for this was found here
 
I used the tutorial's measurements, however, I went about gluing together the cones a little differently.  To begin with, I used Sookwang tape because I wanted the glued edge (which shows on the front of the ornament) to be nice and flat along the whole side.
 
 
Then, in order to keep the cones round and not flatten them as I was gluing, I rolled them around a pen before I pulled the Sookwang off.
 
 
After the Sookwang was removed, I used the end of a paintbrush to press the two sides against.   Again, this was just to keep from flattening the cone.
 
 
 A 2" scalloped circle was cut from Frosted patterned paper to glue the cones down on.  Then I sandwiched my "hanger" between a 2nd scalloped circle cut from Glitter paper.
 
 
I used Aleene's Tacky Glue as I was putting the cones on the circle, because it gave me a little leeway to adjust them and make sure they were looking the way they should, before it dried. 
 
So that's it for the ornaments!  Next month it will be on to something new.  I hope you'll be back to check it out.  Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Your next stop for inspiration will be
Jamie Barney's blog
 
Here is a list of all the Blog Hop participants if you should get lost.
 
 
 
 




 

8 comments: