Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Showcase Monday at Scrapbooker's Paradise

It's my turn to host Showcase Monday today, and I chose to feature paper (Sunrise Sunset) and embellishments (Vintage Mechanism) from one of my favorite designers Finnabair.

I tried to capture some of the lusciousness Finn achieves with her layers of paper, paints, stamps, and flowers, etc.


Painting the canvas letters was quick and easy with a mixture of Silk paints, Shimmerz Dazzelerz, and Art Anthology Sorbet.


First I put a very light coat of Olive Vine Silks here and there on the letter.


Then I added a light coat of Honey Amber Silks to cover the white areas.


The Lemon Drop Dazzelerz was next.  It has a thick consistency and I dabbed it along the left side of the letter where I wanted it to look like the sun was hitting.


To make the right side look a little shadowed, I added Art Anthology "Drab" Sorbet.  It is a thick paint also, so again, I just dabbed it on lightly.


For the rest of the supplies used on this layout, as well as a special SALE, please check my post at Scrapbooker's Paradise.  
Thank you so much for stopping in.  I have really appreciated the comments everyone leaves for me!

Hope the rest of the week is GREAT!!

Linda










2 comments:

  1. I looked up Finnibair and you have a great rendition of it. I've seen her stuff before but I just don't think I'm that brave yet. Love the alpha tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout! Your letters are beautiful - you really achieved a great light/shadow effect and they have wonderful texture. Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete