Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Don't get your Tinsel in a Tangle!!

 
 Hi everyone!  Welcome to the " CTMH Festive Friday Blog Hop"!!

You are going to find some wonderful Festive projects that have been designed for this hop from our new Autumn/Winter Idea Book.  We will be doing one a month from now until December.

Our path is circular  so just follow the links. If you should get lost, the starting point is here, at The Happy Scrapbooker.  Our host for this blog hop is Diane Tuggle.

You should have arrived here from Carol's blog.

I chose to make a small Thanksgiving canvas for my wall.  I love the colours of the Huntington paper pack ... they totally match the colours in my house ... and the canvas looks lovely by the kitchen table. 
 
I started with the CTMH 6x6" canvas, and inked the edges with Barn Red and Autumn Terracotta.  Then I distressed and inked the edges of a couple of scrap pieces from the Huntington paper pack.  I also distressed the edges of the sentiment card and inked them with the above two colours, as well as Cocoa.
 
 
After gluing the paper onto the canvas, I cut apart one of our little burlap bags, frayed the edges, and glued it down.  Because I like the shabby, distressed look, I left the wrinkles in the bag.
 
 
To embellish the canvas I used a little bit from several different embellishment packs.  The bow was made with the Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Seam Binding, and a flower from the Frosted Assortment pack. (The cotton string is the string from the Burlap bag.)  Other embellishments used:  Rosewood Mini-Medley Accents Collection, Jute Ribbon, Mini-Medley Accents Wooden Collection, Sparkles Brown & Tan Assortment, Huntington Assortment, and the Huntington Stickease Assortment.
 


 
Thanks for joining us on this blog hop.  I know you're going to see some really great projects along the way.  It's time now to head to Jaime's blog!
 
Linda

 

6 comments:

  1. Your canvas piece is remarkable.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! I love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You did a great job putting together several different elements and collections to make a cohesive piece. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete