Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Round Robin card for Swirlydoos

Hi everyone!

Today I'm sharing a card that I've made for a Round Robin that I'm in over at Swirlydoos.


I am following the layout of the card my team-mate Steph, created.  We were to also do some metal embossing, have a slide-out and a frame on our card.

I was anxious to try the metal embossing, as I had seen others do it, and I love the effect of the alcohol inks on the metal.  Now the Scrap Fairy was messing around in my room and I couldn't find my metal sheets OR my ink pad for the alcohol inks.  So I improvised with shiny duct tape on a piece of cardstock and used cotton balls to apply the ink.  I put 3 drops of ink on each ball and then just dabbed it all over the sheet.  It worked just fine, but my fingers got pretty inky.  LOL.  The embossing folder that I used is "Paisley Palooza" by Sizzix.  Isn't it pretty??  To apply the pocket I used 1/8" Scor-Pal tape - love that stuff!
 
 
For the tag I used a journaling card from Prima's Firefly Collection (yes, I'm STILL loving that paper) and stamped it with a Fiskars stamp.  (I'll list all the supplies at the end of my post.) 
 
Prima - Firefly Collection - Journaling Notecards Set
 
 
If you remember, a few weeks ago I discovered that gesso and embossing powder give a cool effect.  (You can see the post here.)  I decided I wanted that shabby look on this Dusty Attic frame, and used Lindy's Stamp Gang "Morning Glory Azure" embossing powder to get this beautiful shade of blue.  The wooden butterfly was rubbed with "Steel Blue" Inka-Gold.
 
 
The pretty Prima flowers "Melange Blue Violet" came attached to this clear acrylic tag, so I cut "Happy Journey" out and used it on the card.  Very handy!
 
 
I encourage you to check out Swirlydoos.  They have a wonderful kit club, forum, and many, many tutorials to learn from.  Lots of inspiration there!
 
 
Stay warm everyone!
Linda
 
 
 
List of supplies used:
 
Duct tape
 

 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, Linda. I have never seen such gorgeous duct tape! Love the pretty frame - I am going to have to try this embossing technique; it is so pretty. The sentiment is really lovely too.

    Hug, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Linda, your little Robin's are going to love this swap!! Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete