Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

He's a good guy? Yah, right.

Hi, I hope everyone is enjoying some rest and relaxation after Christmas.  It was a very crisp and snappy -25 degrees here for Christmas Day, but things have warmed up considerably and all the children have been playing outside, happily, with their new sleds and skates!

Every year my sister and I look forward to seeing the pictures of our grandchildren with Santa.  It's just one of those traditions that we love.  So far, my all-time favorite is this one that I have scrapped today.  It is of her youngest grand-daughter last year and the expression on her face says it all.


This layout was pretty straight forward to do.  I used Martha Stewart punches to make the outer and inner borders, and then framed the photo with a mat and some lace.  The floral embellies were stuff I had in my stash, but the two blue roses were from a sweet fellow crafter at the crop where I was making this.  She offered them to me after watching me working on it and I was just thrilled as they fit so perfectly!  Don't you just love the friends you make doing this wonderful obsession hobby?


I didn't have a large candy cane, so I searched the internet and found a child's colouring page with one and made a pattern for the candy cane from it.  Then I just paper pieced it together 
and added some glitter and a bow.

Christmas is so hectic and busy, that sometimes it just totally overwhelms us.  I always love the peace and quiet of the following week, where I can reflect on all the concerts and visiting, 
and enjoy my photos (if I remembered to take them!).  
It's the perfect time to remember the following quote by Calvin Coolidge:

Christmas is not a time or a season,
But a state of mind.
To cherish peace and goodwill,
To be plentious in mercy,
Is to have the real spirit of Christmas.

Wishing you all much peace and goodwill,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment