Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Challenge time again.  Those girls over at Swirlydoos and Flying Unicorn are keeping me busy this month.  LOL


This is a picture of Alberta, where I live, in the wintertime.  Days like these are so beautiful!  You can see why I call my blog BlueSkyScrapping...  I love the crystal blue skies we have here that go on forever.

The kit I used is called "Mystical Winter" from Swirlydoos.  Between it and the add-ons you can get, there was a ton of gorgeousness!  I started out by painting gesso on the background paper around where my blue frame was going to be. 

  
I want to share a new product with you that I learned about at a quilting retreat that I went to over the weekend.  These are Frixion pens from Pilot.  The blue one is a gel ink pen and the green one is a hi-liter.  What is unique about them, is that they can be erased from fabric or paper by using a hot air blower on them.  The writing disappears like magic.  I used the hi-liter to trace on my paper where I wanted to paint the gesso.  It was quick and easy!  The quilters went wild for them and I think papercrafters will also as well.  LOL.


The blue frame was made using left-over Dusty Attic scraps.  I sprayed them with Midnight Blue and Abominable Snowman Glittermist.  Then I stamped snowflakes on them, using a Snow Cap Adirondack Paint Dabber.  After drying the snowflakes, I took a fan brush and brushed on some more of the Snow Cap paint and then sprinkled it with Fairy Dust Glitter - Pralines and Cream.  Whew...I had glitter everywhere!  (Someone needs to send me a tip about that stuff!  LOL)

The snowflake mat you can see in the bottom left corner was made using Martha Stewart's Alpine punch set and then the paper was misted with Decadence Chalkboard Mist by Tattered Angels.


The tag was made out of a piece of Bo Bunny packaging which I cut to size, distressed around the edges and then inked with Prima 'Branch Bark'.  I sanded it lightly and then sprayed it with the Midnight Blue mist I used earlier.  The little embelly is from Bo Bunny.  I dyed the seam binding with both Midnight Blue mist, as well as Decadence Chalkboard mist.  The title was stamped using CTMH's 'Typeset' alphabet stamp and Prima's 'Branch Bark'.

This layout is being used in a Round Robin Challenge at Flying Unicorn and also in a SwirlyGirls challenge at Swirlydoos.

I hope you enjoyed this posting.  Get the pens....you will LOVE them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Linda! Beautiful work! Gotta get me some of those pens!!

    ReplyDelete