Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Swirlydoos "Vintage Faye" Sketch Challenge




I had so much fun this weekend following this beautiful sketch created by Beggahuna for Swirlydoos.com  and of course the papers and embellishments from the Vintage Faye kit were also a pleasure to work with.

I did have a "moment" with the large alphas though.  For some reason I thought bright aqua would work in the color scheme...and NO...it did not (of course).  Lucky for me the alphas were from Petaloo's Color Me Crazy series, and I was able to put a coat of Distress Crackle Paint over them to hide the aqua.  I then painted them with "Mossy Stone" by Shimmerz (just a beautiful shimmery color) and inked the edges with "Niagara Mist" by VersaMagic. I was really happy with them in the end, they are so shimmery and pretty.



The chipboard frame is from Dusty Attic and I stained it with "Forest Moss" Distress Ink and then covered it in "Cotton Candy" Stickles.  Once that dried, I went over it with the Stickles again and just hilighted it here and there to give it a worn effect.  Here's a closer look for you:


Today it is cool and cloudy so I think I will head outside to do some much needed weeding of my flowerbeds.  I hope everyone is having a really great day!



2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS layouts.. I LOVE the pink background paper.. and how you made both the little tag titles.. and the green letters.... I'm assuming its a some kind of crackled paint? Very nicely done!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherry for your kind comments. Yes, the green letters were covered in Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint which I love because of the cool cracks it gets in it as it dries. Once it was dry, I painted it with a shimmery paint "Mossy Stone" by Shimmerz, to get some color in the cracks, and then I finished up by inking the edges with a chalk ink, Niagara Mist by VersaMagic.

    ReplyDelete