Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

September Hearts of the West Blog Hop


Welcome to the September Hearts of the West team blog hop!  If this is your first time joining us, I know you are going to love it. 
This hop features Close to my Heart consultants from all over Canada and is founded by Nancy Klein.


If you came from Chantal's blog then you're in the right place!  

This is a circular blog hop so you can start anywhere! Just in case you should get lost - the full list will be at the bottom of this post. 

SO, as always ... grab your coffee, tea, or water ... relax ... and hop around with us! 

This month we have decided to feature the paper pack Pathfinding.  Pathfinding has such beautiful coordinating chipboard elements, that I decided I wanted to make a wall hanging with them using our Pennant Frame.  All the chipboard was inked with Barn Red ink.


To cut the front paper for the frame you use the Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.



To make the flowers, I used a retired stamp set "Friendship Bouquet", and coloured them with the also retired, CTMH markers in Barn Red, Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta, and Sweet Leaf.  Then I added sparkles in a brown and tan assortment to the centers.

I was able to achieve a lot of depth to the flowers by stamping them each 3 times and popping up each layer with thin foam tape.  When I reached the top layer, I also cut between the individual petals so that I could fluff them up a bit.


The top and middle layers were then shaped as shown below.



Here's a view that shows you how full the flowers are.


The frame was finished off by adding bows made from our beautiful new Black Striped Twill Ribbon and tucking in a few pieces here and there from the Pathfinding Assortment set!.

Thank you for joining us on the hop today!  

Your next stop is Donna's blog.

If you should get lost, here is the complete list of blogs to visit:

3. Linda Pekrul - That's me!










9 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Linda, i really really love this and i might have to make one of my own...or i can just send you my address..lol maybe? Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those flowers are AMAZING! I love all the dimension and all the pictures so we can see exactly what you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must agree, those flowers are amazing!! They add that extra bit of WOW! to your project. Awesome. Great Job,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I love the paper you used and the flowers are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Those flowers are gorgeous and I love your bows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Linda.. I want that stamp set now :)those flowers are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous frame! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous frame! The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete